Tom Moorcroft, DO
My name is Dr. Tom Moorcroft, as a global leader in solving complex medical mysteries, my goal is to find out what’s really keeping someone sick and help them get better. This involves combining the very best medical science available with my extensive experience in both the field, in the hospital, and in my office as well as my passion for supporting health and healing with simple, everyday (and often natural) approaches so you are as resilient and healthy as possible.
I have been treating patients with chronic bacterial and viral infections as well as mycotoxin illness for over a decade. Many of my patients are children with infection-induced autoimmune encephalitis.
The field of medicine is ever changing and I do my very best to keep up with the latest research. I’m a member of the ILADS Evidence-based Lyme and Co-Infections Fundamentals program working group and we review the evidence and update this program annually. I also train other healthcare providers; teaching is an amazing way to make sure you really have a grasp on the medical literature because if you don’t your students will call you on it.
- University of Vermont – Bachelor’s of Science – Ecology & Wildlife Management
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine – University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)
- Medical Gross Anatomy & Osteopathic Manipulation Fellowship – UNECOM
- Medical Neuroanatomy Fellowship – UNECOM
- International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society (ILADS) Physician Training Program – Mentored with Dr. Richard Horowitz and Dr. Charles Ray Jones
- Recognition of Proficiency in Osteopathy in the Cranial Field by the Osteopathic Cranial Academy
- Family Practice and Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment
- Origins Of Health, Berlin, CT. Founder, Chief Medical Officer, Physician
- Licensed Physician: State of Connecticut, State of Utah
- Registered Out-Of-State Telehealth Provider for the State of Florida
- Providing care for new patients from CT, FL, UT
- Has treated thousands of patients with complex, chronic medical mysteries over the past 12 years
- Started in medicine in 1995 – learning, then teaching wilderness medicine, working on the ambulance and then in the emergency room. Dr. Tom not only has experience as a physician, but as a member of the nursing staff, caring for critically ill patients
Professional Volunteer Work
- Osteopathic Cranial Academy – Director, Chair of IT and Membership, Member of several other committees
- Osteopathic Cranial Academy – member of the teaching faculty
- ILADS – Acting President, Director, Chair of Membership Committee, Member of several other committees
- ILADS Evidence Based Fundamentals Program – member of the working group that developed this program
- ILADEF Physician Training Program Physician Mentor (youngest ever)
- Connecticut PANDAS/PANS Advisory Council
Lee SH, Vigliotti JS, Vigliotti VS, Jones W, Moorcroft TA, Lantsman K. DNA sequencing diagnosis of off-season spirochetemia with low bacterial density in Borrelia burgdorferi and Borrelia miyamotoi infections. Int J Mol Sci. 2014;15(7):11364–11386. Published 2014 Jun 25. doi:10.3390/ijms150711364
Tick-borne Co-infections – Emerging Pharmacologic, Herbal and other integrative treatments
PANS/PANDAS/Infection-Induced Autoimmune Encephalitis
The Glymphatic System and Brain Detoxification
Healing Mindset – Aligning Your Mindset & Health Goals for Optimal Results
MeditationRx – Awaken Healing and Achieve Rapid Transformation from Chronic Conditions through Chronic Healing Meditation
These are available in a 40-60 minute keynote, 90 minute break out, and up to 60 minute customized interview.
For those interested in booking Dr. Tom, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our team at 860-438-7096.
Other Topics of Interest
- Lyme Disease & Tick-borne Infections
- Infection-induced autoimmune encephalitis (AE/PANDAS/PANS) in children and adults.
- Bartonella infection
- Viral illnesses, including Coronavirus, Epstein-Barr Virus
- Mycotoxin illness
- Environmentally acquired illnesses
- Gut-Brain-Heart Axis and its role in health and healing
- Optimizing your self-healing mechanism
- Role of lifestyle and nutrition in health and healing
- Polyvagal theory and Heart-rate variability
- The role of mindset in health and healing
- Healthy cooking with your family and friends
- Telemark skiing, Mountain biking
- Chillin’ with my family!