Tom Moorcroft, DO
My name is Dr. Tom Moorcroft, as a global leader in solving complex medical mysteries, I’m what you might call a medical detective. My goal is to find out what’s really keeping someone sick and help them get better. This involves combining the very best medical science available with my extensive experience in both the field, in the hospital, and in my office as well as my passion for supporting health and healing with simple, everyday (and often natural) approaches so you are as resilient and healthy as possible.
I have been treating patients with chronic bacterial and viral infections as well as mycotoxin illness for over a decade. Many of my patients are children with infection-induced autoimmune encephalitis.
The field of medicine is ever changing and I do my very best to keep up with the latest research. I’m a member of the ILADS Evidence-based Lyme and Co-Infections Fundamentals program working group and we review the evidence and update this program annually. I also train other healthcare providers; teaching is an amazing way to make sure you really have a grasp on the medical literature because if you don’t your students will call you on it.
- University of Vermont – Bachelor’s of Science – Ecology & Wildlife Management
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine – University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)
- Medical Gross Anatomy & Osteopathic Manipulation Fellowship – UNECOM
- Medical Neuroanatomy Fellowship – UNECOM
- International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society (ILADS) Physician Training Program – Mentored with Dr. Richard Horowitz and Dr. Charles Ray Jones
- Recognition of Proficiency in Osteopathy in the Cranial Field by the Osteopathic Cranial Academy
- Family Practice and Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment
- Origins Of Health, Berlin, CT. Founder, Chief Medical Officer, Physician
- Has treated thousands of patients with complex, chronic medical mysteries over the past 12 years
- Started in medicine in 1995 – learning, then teaching wilderness medicine, working on the ambulance and then in the emergency room. Dr. Tom not only has experience as a physician, but as a member of the nursing staff, caring for critically ill patients
Professional Volunteer Work
- Osteopathic Cranial Academy – Director, Chair of IT and Membership, Member of several other committees
- Osteopathic Cranial Academy – member of the teaching faculty
- ILADS – Acting President, Director, Chair of Membership Committee, Member of several other committees
- ILADS Evidence Based Fundamentals Program – member of the working group that developed this program
- ILADEF Physician Training Program Physician Mentor (youngest ever)
- Connecticut PANDAS/PANS Advisory Council
Lee SH, Vigliotti JS, Vigliotti VS, Jones W, Moorcroft TA, Lantsman K. DNA sequencing diagnosis of off-season spirochetemia with low bacterial density in Borrelia burgdorferi and Borrelia miyamotoi infections. Int J Mol Sci. 2014;15(7):11364–11386. Published 2014 Jun 25. doi:10.3390/ijms150711364
Coronavirus – Be Proactive, Not Panicked – Pragmatic and Practical Actions for Staying Safe and Healthy for you, your family and your employees. There is so much fear, hysteria and misinformation about the new Coronavirus that leads to COVID-19. There’s no need to be panicked when you have the most up to date information shared with you by an expert in complex medical illnesses. Review the latest updates, receive Dr. Tom’s Coronavirus Cheat Sheet and have an opportunity for live Q&A. This a great session for large companies as well as schools and community groups.
It’s Lyme Time – Lyme disease is the #1 Vector-borne illness in the US and can lead to significant loss of productivity and time out of work. Prevention as well as early diagnosis and treatment is critical to minimize the risk of chronic infection. New research reveals ticks may be able to transmit more virulent forms of the Lyme bacterium, leading to early persistent infection. Ticks often carry more than one infection (co-infections) which can lead to symptoms that are more bizarre making diagnosis and treatment more difficult. Arm yourself with the most up to date information to minimize the risk of missing Lyme in the early stages when it’s most easily treated.
Optimize Your Health Now, Not Some Day. You know you need to make some changes to optimize your health. Stop putting them off. It’s better to be guided through making these changes by an expert NOW, rather than paying the price later. It’s time to take action! There are simple changes that everyone can make in their lives today that will have long lasting health benefits. By focusing on the core aspects of optimal health, Dr. Tom helps participants become more effective at work and in their personal lives. Attain optimal health by making small, consistent changes that are sustainable and deliver benefit in all aspects of your life.
These are available in a 40-60 minute keynote, 90 minute break out, and up to 60 minute customized interview.
For those interested in booking Dr. Tom, email Support@OriginsOfHealth.com or contact Joanna at 860-438-7096.
Other Topics of Interest
- Lyme Disease & Tick-borne Infections
- Infection-induced autoimmune encephalitis (AE/PANDAS/PANS) in children and adults.
- Bartonella infection
- Viral illnesses, including Coronavirus, Epstein-Barr Virus
- Mycotoxin illness
- Environmentally acquired illnesses
- Gut-Brain-Heart Axis and its role in health and healing
- Optimizing your self-healing mechanism
- Role of lifestyle and nutrition in health and healing
- Polyvagal theory and Heart-rate variability
- The role of mindset in health and healing
- Healthy cooking with your family and friends
- Telemark skiing, Mountain biking
- Chillin’ with my family!