Hi there, friends!
I’m so excited to be sharing many of the great things that have been going on in my little corner of the world.
In this month’s newsletter, I’ve got some great tips for preventing tick bites (the very best ways to avoid getting Lyme disease, really), an amazing herbal formula to use in your Lyme treatment toolbox AND a chance to catch my recent masterclass series — in case you missed it or want to watch it again.
So, let’s dive right in!
I had the opportunity to share the 3-part Thrive with Lyme masterclass in June! (Replays HERE.)
It was a set of 3 live interactive webinars, where I got to share many of the commonly overlooked, yet key, components to healing from chronic Lyme disease. I think everyone had a blast, especially me — answering all the amazing questions during our live Q&A sessions.
I struggled to stop answering them as evidenced by the fact we went overtime by nearly an hour each session. I just feel so fortunate to be able to share my passion and help make a difference in this community that I love so dearly.
We explored how we can thrive despite having Lyme disease and co-infections. Together, we discovered that we need to envision what we truly want; playing with our kids, skiing, and being present in life are crucial in propelling us forward on our healing journey.
By identifying what inspires and drives us, we can cultivate a mindset of resilience and embrace the challenges with determination.
Moreover, we learned the importance of community support and how being part of a network that understands our struggles can provide invaluable encouragement.
Together, we can navigate the ups and downs of thriving with Lyme, sharing experiences, and uplifting one another. Let’s continue to thrive, support each other, and create a community where we can all flourish despite our challenges.
If you’re suffering from chronic Lyme or other environmentally acquired illnesses, I’d love to support you in the Thrive With Lyme Blueprint program.
Have an amazing month!
~ HEALTH TIPS OF THE MONTH ~
We’re in full Summer mode and I know that we all love being outside, so here are a few reminders of ways to help you have a tick-free season!
- Oftentimes Lyme disease is acquired on your own property or your neighbor’s property. Ticks thrive in areas where rodents, such as mice and chipmunks, are present. The rodents prefer the edge of woods and lawns, so be cautious in these areas..
- Move the kid’s play sets and jungle gyms to at least 15-20 feet into the yard, away from any wooded areas. This exposes them to more sunlight and reduces the likelihood of ticks.
Treating your yard with tick-repellent sprays or using rodent-targeting systems, can also significantly decrease the tick population on your property. While you might need some more sunscreen, this will decrease your risk of tick bite.
- When venturing outdoors, wear light-colored clothing that allows you to spot small ticks. Tuck your pants into your socks and consider wearing long-sleeved shirts, especially if you’re going into tick-prone areas. While this can seem like a pain – it does help!
One other trick I use, when I want to be more relaxed, is to wear skin-tight stretch boxer shorts. These minimize the risk of ticks getting access to your groin area. You can also use skin-tight exercise shirts.
- A study found that applying permethrin, a tick-killing chemical that is safe for humans, to your shoes and socks decreases the number of ticks you get on yourself by 70%!
You can also apply permethrin to all your clothing for added benefit, and you can purchase permethrin at most outdoor and hardware stores and online. You can also purchase clothing impregnated with permethrin.
Alternatively, if you want to go all-natural, you can use products containing pyrethrum, a natural extract used in pet tick collars.
- Choose your tick repellents carefully. While many use DEET-based insect repellents, they may not be as effective against ticks and can actually melt plastic bandaids! So that is NOT something I, personally, want on my skin.
As an alternative, I would consider herbal sprays containing cedar oil which have shown excellent results.
- When coming back to your home, remove your clothes and put them in a bag before showering or bathing to wash off any lingering ticks. Ticks often wander for hours or even days before attaching, so this step can help eliminate them.
Afterward, check yourself, and pay attention to warm and dark areas. Enlist the help of a loved one or friend to check hard-to-see spots, like behind the ears or in the hair.
To ensure that there are no ticks left on the clothes you placed in a plastic bag, toss them into a hot dryer for 45 minutes to an hour. (High heat is essential for killing ticks effectively.)
Keep these tips in mind when you’re out hiking, biking, and playing so you can reduce your chances of tick-borne illnesses like Lyme disease.
Stay safe and enjoy the great outdoors!
For more on the prevention of tick bites – read the blog >> HERE.
~ DR. TOM RECOMMENDS ~
I’m so excited to let you know about a “foundational” healing product from LymeCore Botanicals that’s ideal for anyone suffering from tick-borne infections or those who are at risk of tick bites!
(It provides the “foundation” to many of the herbal protocols recommended by herbalist Stephen Buhner.)
It’s a combination of equal parts whole herb Japanese knotweed (Polygonum cuspidatum) and Cat’s claw (Uncaria tomentosa).
– Japanese Knotweed is rich in natural phenols, and it may support liver health and immune function, as well as address persister forms of Borrelia and Bartonella.
– Cat’s claw offers anti-microbial properties for Borrelia and may have immunomodulatory effects.
Get more details about Foundational Formula at the >> Origins of Health Online Shop.
~ PROGRAM NEWS ~
INTRODUCING… the Thrive With Lyme Blueprint Program – your 12-week expertly guided, at-home online learning program designed to empower you with all the most up-to-date tools, knowledge, and support you need to thrive with Lyme.
And, it’s not too late to register!
Get the inside scoop on this innovative health-reclaiming program… be sure to watch the 3-part Thrive With Lyme Masterclass Series << REPLAYS HERE.
~ ABOUT DR. TOM ~
Hi, I’m Tom Moorcroft DO, the producer and host of the Healing from Lyme Disease Summit and the Thrive With Lyme Masterclass Series >> replays here.
I am also the creator of the Thrive With Lyme Blueprint Program (for health seekers) as well as the Lyme Disease Practitioner Certification & Mentorship Program.
To find MORE INFO on these topics and other relevant health & natural healing resources, be sure to CONNECT WITH ME on socials!